Thursday, January 10, 2008

Memoirs

I love the way you speak now, pulling your face around every word. Vocabulary is so physical.

So this is total love. All consuming... wonderful. I want to give you a childhood you will look back on and smile inwardly... remembering all the moments we shared and all the love you could feel pouring from me into you. My childhood was lovely - I know yours will be too. I will do everything within my power to make it so.

"No Mommy. No Mommy." It's your favorite thing to say right now. You push me away so you can do it yourself. It's adorable and a little scary to witness this fledgling independence. You want no assistance, no help cleaning up until you're all done. I will let you finish your yogurt... then I will clean up the mess you're making.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey