Monday, December 29, 2008

Breastmilk. Cupcakes. Tuna Boots.

I had a dream last night that I started to breastfeed my children again. I just opened my shirt for them and they knew what to do. And thankfully, they didn't bite. After some sucking I felt that familiar tingle and my body started to produce milk again for them. It felt so good again and upon waking.... I missed it. Food from my body. I'll never know that joy again.

Longlegs and I made "Chocolate Chip Cupcakes" this morning and he surprised me by only eating half of his first muffin and asking if we could make Pumpkin Muffins next time. Guess all the healthy snacks are starting to pay off. :D

I placed a bowl of tuna water for the cat upon the basement stairs this afternoon.... the basement stairs that protected with a baby gate. Then my little angels rapscallions spent a good ten minutes throwing shoes and boots at the bowl seeing if they could overturn it. One of them succeeded with my winter boot. Now the stair - and my boot - smell of tuna.

Ah, the joys of motherhood. I am honored.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey