Saturday, December 1, 2007

I miss you.

Your Oma and Opa took you away for a weekend visit while your Daddy heals up from his vascestomy. Daddy wanted you away for the weekend... you are at just the right height for crotch hugs and you give a mean crotch hug.

I miss you. I miss the sound your little feet make when you run from room to room because you have no time to walk. I miss the "thump, thump, thump" I hear when I close my eyes and absorb the sounds you make. They were right when they called it the "pitterpatter of little feet." It is a wonderful sound. I missed having you under my feet when I tried to cook supper, demanding a pot with some water poured into it so you can swirl and wooden spoon around and "cook like Mom." I miss putting you to bed, reading you your story, saying your bedtime prayer, telling you I love you and will see you in the morning. Seeing your door open tonight felt like a gaping wound so I closed it so I could pretend you are sleeping in there.

Don't you see, you are no burden. I love having you at home with me. You are part of what keeps me whole. I miss you so much, my beautiful little man. Come back to me tommorrow and play with your cars, watch your shows and build your towers.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey